How to Update Domain Data
Changes to the the Domain data of domains with .de Registry Lock ― of so-called locked domains ― can only become effective and are entered in the DENIC database after prior approval by the Lock Contact.
- The domain holder submits the request for the change to the domain data to their provider.
- The provider sends the change request to DENIC.
- DENIC checks the request, sends the security token to the Lock Contact and asks for confirmation of the request.
- The Lock Contact confirms the changes. The domain is updated.
- The Lock Contact and the provider are informed accordingly via e-mail.
- If the Lock Contact does not confirm the change request within seven calendar days, the request is discarded.