Anycast Name Service for TLD Registries
The DENIC Anycast Service guarantees absolute availability and short response times for the name resolution of your Top Level Domain.
Anycast by DENIC
Registry management and name service are DENIC’s core competences. Since 1997, we have operated one of the largest country-targeted Top Level Domain – .de – with today more than 16 million domains under management. This includes a global DNS infrastructure with 11 Anycast name server locations available for shared use, which are dispersed across Europe, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific region. Situated close to major Internet exchange points, these Anycast locations use high bandwidths, support IPv6 and are fully DNSSEC-enabled.
Third-party TLD operators (ccTLDs, gTLDs or Brand TLDs) can benefit from DENIC’s Anycast slave services already since 2010. The service is offered under a cost-sharing scheme and customers can either use the full set of DENIC’s shared authoritative global name servers, as a primary service, or pick dedicated ones as a supplement to their own network, in order to enlarge its footprint, resilience and robustness. Growing numbers of customers and domains under management (DUM) also result in economies of scale for all connected TLD users.
By now, DENIC provides its Anycast Service to eight TLD registries with some 6.5m domains under management. They all benefit from the improved network performance coming along with the Anycast Service, such as reduced response times for DNS queries, multiplied back-up capacities to deal with load peaks, and strongly enhanced resilience for optimum DDoS mitigation and handling of server failures.
What we offer:
- Shared use of Anycast slave services provided by a neutral, not-for-profit cooperative, on a cost-sharing basis;
- Fast and reliable access to the domains of your zone from everywhere in the world;
- 20 years of experience in managing one of the largest TLD zones worldwide (.de);
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2012certified information security and business continuity managemet systems
What you get:
- Assistance from our Anycast customer support team;
- Access to a customised monitoring portal, and
- 24/7 on-call service, who will help whenever you need them, to guarantee permanent fast and reliable access to the domains under your management, from everywhere around the globe.
If you wish to experience the benefits of DENIC's Anycast Name Service, contact us!