Service Provider for the Internet Community
In our role as an impartial infrastructure service provider, we use our technical expertise and our powerful high-performance systems to ensure
- The existence of a central register of all .de domains – for this purpose, we operate a registration database for central administration
- Permanent availability of this register – anytime anywhere – for this purpose, we operate a global server network – the so-called name servers – for the ccTLD .de, as well as the German ENUM domain 9.4.e164.arpa
- That our members can register and administer domains for their customers – for this purpose, we provide an electronic real-time registration system for registration, deletion and updating of .de domains
- That anyone can find out which .de domains are already registered - for this purpose, we offer our information service "whois".
- That the Internet continues to advance for the benefit of all – in the framework of this commitment we host dedicated events and are actively involved in the present and future development of the Internet by participating in national and international bodies.
Our annual Activity Reports give you an insight into our activities and the development of our Cooperative.