DENIC - WE ARE .DE
Because we are the central German registry and manage all the domain names with the ending .de. Assuming a leading role on the German market, DENIC eG and its 115 employees are responsible for the technical robustness of this vital resource of the German Internet. Running a worldwide name server network, we make more than 17 million .de domains globally available around the clock from any place in the world. Organised in the legal form of a cooperative, we and our members and other national and international partners are committed to jointly safeguard the secure operation of the Internet and its constant further development. Start working with us as soon as possible right in the heart of Frankfurt with extensive home office options. We are looking to fill one full-time position.
Technical Product Owner Domain Name Service (f/m/d)
Are you one of those who are passionate about shaping the digital age? Who want to be involved? Our DNS-DevOps Team is the driving force behind the DNS infrastructure and the services for the Top Level Domain (TLD) .de and other international TLDs. Our multi-facetted tasks do not only include the operation and the further development of our globally distributed server and network infrastructure but also the establishment of new services for internal and external use.
If you want to be a part of our exciting and high-responsibility endeavours and feel the pulse of digital progress, then come on board! Join our DNS Team and assist us in shaping and protecting the digital landscape of tomorrow.
We are the core of the technical systems behind .de - a vital cornerstone of the critical infrastructure of the Internet (KRITIS). For us, stability, security and permanent availability are not only buzzwords but the basis of our daily work.
- Functional leadership of a ten-person agile Scrum team / DNS DevOps team
- Development of the DNS service in coordination with Product Management and other stakeholders
- Project and task management in the team
As a product owner you need a very good technical understanding. Therefore, technical expertise and experience as product owner, team leader (f/m/d) etc. is a prerequisite. To meet our ambitious goals, we rely on the latest virtualisation and automation technologies, Python and anycast. If your profile matches the requirements listed below you will have a good start with us:
- University degree in the realm of IT (computer sciences, business informatics) or academically trained engineer or IT specialist with comparable qualification due to long years of professional experience in the IT sector
- Proven practical experience of several years in the field of operations
- Experience in software development would be a plus.
- Proven technical management experience and high methodical expertise in the IT environment
- Strong sense of responsibility, pronounced customer and service orientation
- Distinct team player with outstanding communication skills and experience in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Experience in the Internet or domain industry would be an additional benefit
- Perfect command of German (at least C1) and good command of English (at least B2)