Corpus Christi - Office Hours
Due to the regional public holiday Corpus Christi, 08 June 2023, the DENIC is closed.
On Friday, 09 June 2023, we are available again during regular business hours.
Current Job Offer
Network Security Specialist (f/m/d)
- Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Workingtime: 40 hours/week
Contract type: unlimited
DENIC eG is part of the critical infrastructures in the information technology and telecommunications sector in Germany. We are expanding our team and together we will face the increased security requirements. To tackle this task, we are looking for people like you, people who are enthusiastic about their job. Who set out together with us to achieve goals – for themselves, for others, for the German Internet. Will you join in?
- Development, maintenance and operation of an attack detection system (IDS)
- Development, maintenance and operation of a security incident event monitoring (SIEM) system
- Supporting the architecture planning for the network
- Ensuring domain security (DNSSEC, DANE, SPF etc.)
- Port security / performance of port scans
- Initiation of network hardening measures
- Checking firewall, proxy and VPN configurations
- Supporting our DevOps teams in the implementation of security requirements
- University degree in computer sciences or comparable professional training
- Several years of work experience with IT networks and experience with operating a heterogeneous network infrastructure
- Experience with network security and hardening
- Profound network expertise (protocol stacks, switching, dynamic routing, VPN, IDS/IPS, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of Unix/Linus, command of the standard script languages and automation technologies
- Well versed in virtualisation and containerisation (Kubernetes)
- Very good command of English and fluent German