DENIC - WE ARE .DE
Because we are the central German registry and manage all the domain names with the ending .de. Assuming a leading role on the German market, DENIC eG and its 100 employees are responsible for the technical robustness of this vital resource of the German Internet. Running a worldwide name server network, we make more than 17 million .de domains globally available around the clock from any place in the world. Organised in the legal form of a cooperative, we and our members and other national and international partners are committed to jointly safeguard the secure operation of the Internet and its constant further development. Start working with us as soon as possible right in the heart of Frankfurt with extensive home office options. We are looking to fill one full-time position.
Network Engineer (f/m/d)
- You support us in advancing and operating our services
- Our team jointly manages all the services related to the domain service for .de, but also for customers of other Top Level Domains. To perform this task, we rely on globally distributed locations managed centrally by DENIC.
- You share responsibility for the complete life cycle of a service, from the automated installation of the network infrastructure by a variety of manufacturers, its software configuration and the related monitoring up to incident handling.
Our network is connected to various transit providers and Internet exchanges all over the world. Maximum availability, short response times and utmost security have major priority in this context. You work together with the respective manufacturers, but you are also committed to the Internet community and the open source concept, and you maintain contacts in the respective specialist conferences, mailing lists and similar channels. You like to travel in milliseconds around the world and think outside the box in both further development and incident handling?
In order to continuously consolidate and expand our knowledge and skills, we attend external as well as internal training courses.
- Several years of work experience in the IT network and the Internet sector
- You have network expertise (protocols, in particular DNS, dynamic routing (BGP/OSPF/...), switching, VPN, IDS/IPS etc.).
- Experience with operating heterogenous network infrastructures composed of Cisco IOS/IOSXR, JUNOS, Linux and OpenBSD
- A profound command of Unix/Linux
- Good knowledge of the standard script languages and automation technologies
- English language skills for communication with external service providers and peering partners, as well as for exchange within the Internet community
- Pronounced service orientation, quick learner with a solution-oriented approach
- Commitment and personal responsibility, community and team spirit. A sense for the "big picture".
- Experience with agile working methods (Scrum) is an additional plus.