DENIC - WE ARE .DE
Because we are the central German registry and manage all the domain names with the ending .de. Assuming a leading role on the German market, DENIC eG and its 100 employees are responsible for the technical robustness of this vital resource of the German Internet. Running a worldwide name server network, we make more than 17 million .de domains globally available around the clock from any place in the world. Organised in the legal form of a cooperative, we and our members and other national and international partners are committed to jointly safeguard the secure operation of the Internet and its constant further development. Start working with us as soon as possible right in the heart of Frankfurt with extensive home office options. We are looking to fill one full-time position.
IT-Systemadministrator Office & Data Center (f/m/d)
You love your job – but it's time for a change?
Come and join DENIC ... we deal with the issues that will make your IT heart beat faster!
- Take on responsibility for the central IT systems of the German Internet!
- Explore new horizons, seize the opportunities and exploit the possibilities
- Come to know our self-organised, cross-functional, agile teams
- You provide our employees with IT hardware (laptop, computer, handy, peripheral equipment) and advise them on IT issues.
- This also includes tasks like the provisioning of software and related licenses, the provisioning and maintenance of printers, the maintenance and replacement of client systems as well as failure correction and serving requests that are submitted via the ticket system.
- Moreover, you support the team with the operation of the data center infrastructure and everything that is related to this, such as, for instance, requirements and capacity planning as well as monitoring and fault clearance of the hardware.
- Ideally you have a university degree in computer sciences or successfully completed a comparable vocational training in the IT sector, such as IT specialist with a focus on system integration (f/m/d), or provide of comparable professional experience.
- You have hands on expertise in supporting client systems with MacOS, Windows and Linux.
- You provide of solid knowledge of Windows server environments and have advanced experience in dealing with Microsoft Office products.
- Scripting with PowerShell, Bash or Python is a matter of course for you. You are proficient in handling virtual systems and active directory (group policies).
- You are well versed in automated installation and configuration management of Windows server/client systems
- You are familiar with the tasks involved in the operation of globally distributed data centers. Basic experience and qualifications in the field of network technology and cabling are a must.
- You have a good command of German and English.
- You stand out by your strong service mentality, very good communication skills, a well-structured work approach and a pronounced readiness to learn.